NSEA-Retired is the ONLY retired association in Nebraska that guarantees
continuation of your NEA member benefits and NSEA services!
Lobby Day is February 2, 2016
NSEA-Retired Elections to be held in March
Health insurance and Medicare
Health insurance options for retirees younger than 65
NSEA-Retired cooperated with Educators Health Alliance (EHA), Blue Cross of Nebraska, and Union Bank of Lincoln in the fall of 2015 to bring information about the new health care options available to members under the age of 65.
The options available from EHA for retirees under age 65 in 2015-16 are:
- $750 deductible PPO plan (the default plan for retirees);
- $1,650 deductible PPO plan;
- $3,100 high deductible health plan (HDHP) that is eligible for a Health Savings Account; and
- $4,000 high deductible health plan (HDHP) that is eligible for a Health Savings Account
Union Bank of Lincoln offers low-fee Health Savings Accounts for NSEA-Retired members younger than 65 who sign up for either the $3,100 HDHP or the $4,000 HDHP insurance plans through EHA. To sign up for the Union Bank low-fee Health Savings Account, visit the Union Bank web site, www.ubt.com/health. Follow the directions to apply for a Health Savings Account with Union Bank. Be sure to select “employer sponsored” and then enter "Educators Health Alliance" as your employer, and "Retired" as your occupation as you fill out the form in order to get the low-fee Health Savings Account from Union Bank.
You can download the presentations from these seminars and view the presentations on your home computer.
The files are all pdf files, so you don't need any special software to view the presentations. When you download the presentations, you will see some arrows at the top of the presentation files. Just click on the "down arrow" to move through the slides for the presentations.
An explanation of the benefits provided by the four EHA plans available to retirees younger than 65 can be found in video webinars that are available on the EHA web site, www.ehaplan.org. Click on the “RETIREE INFO” link at the top of the page to find the video presentations.
Pre-65 retirees insurance options for 2015-2016
- To download the NSEA-Retired guide to Health Insurance after you retire Click Here.
- To download the Blue Cross presentation on EHA retiree options, including information on the changes in the plans that will be effective on September 1, 2016 Click Here.
- To download the Union Bank presentation on Health Savings Accounts Click Here.
- To download the NSEA-Retired presentation on how to sign up for a Health Savings Account Click Here.
- To download the Frequently Asked Questions about Health Savings Accounts and High Deductible Health Plans Click Here.
Medicare coverage for members age 65 and older
NSEA-Retired endorses NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic as the Medicare supplement to accompany your Medicare coverage. NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic is underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska and pays for the deductible and co-payment amounts that Medicare does not cover. NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic has an optional dental plan that provides PPO dental coverage through the Blue Cross network of providers. If you decline the dental coverage when you first enroll, you will not be allowed to enroll in the dental plan at a later time.
Medicare information seminars were held in various locations around the state in the fall of 2015 to bring details about Medicare to our members. Some information about Medicare was not available at the time the seminars were held. All of the presentations posted on this web page have been updated with the latest information about Medicare. You can download the updated presentations from these seminars and view the presentations on your home computer. The files are all pdf files, so you don't need any special software to view the presentations. When you download the presentations, you will see some arrows at the top of the presentation files. Just click on the "down arrow" to move through the slides for the presentations.
Medicare for 2016
- To download the guide prepared by NSEA-Retired about making the transition to Medicare Click Here.
- To download a guide to Medicare Basics prepared by NSEA-Retired Click Here.
- To download an introduction to Medicare Part D for 2015 Click Here.
- To download the Blue Cross guide to the benefits provided through NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic Medicare Supplement Click Here.
- To see the rates for NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic for the 2016 calendar year Click Here.
Remember, if you decline dental coverage when you first enroll in NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic, you will not be able to add the dental coverage later. Premiums posted are effective January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
If you need an application packet for NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic, please call Blue Cross at 800-562-6394 to request one.
Only NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic offers dental coverage as part of the Medicare Supplement. Be sure to ask for the policy by name: NSEA-Retired BlueSenior Classic.
John Jensen, webmaster