The four major categories of membership in the NSEA are:
- Professional Teachers, school administrators, and substitutes with a teaching certificate who work for a public educational institution.
- Education Support Professionals (ESP) Custodians, bus drivers, paraprofessionals, secretaries, cooks, and other support personnel who work for a public educational institution.
- Students who are enrolled in a college program that will qualify them to teach in a public school.
- Retired former employees of a public educational institution (including ESPs) who are retired, have reached the age of 45 or more, and who have been members of the NSEA for at least one year immediately prior to retirement.
For more information, email Karen Kilgarin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (800) 742-0047.
- Teach in Nebraska - job postings
- Special Services: Providing Health Insurance for Retired School Employees
Employees between the ages of 50 and 64 who have been participants in the EHA plan for at least five (5) years may now choose from a $750 deductible; a $1,650 Deductible; a $3,100 Deductible; or a $4,000 Deductible retiree plan upon terminating employment with their school district (including retirement), without having to take COBRA first. Click here for more information.
- Nebraska Public Employees Retirement Systems (NPERS)
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance (formerly DUES-TAB)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Nebraska Web Site
Locate network hospitals and doctors in Nebraska and across the country, and find a wide variety of information for members.
- NEA Medicare Supplement (available to NEA-R/NSEA-R members only)
- Information for Military Reservists
- For Members: NSEA Expense Voucher
Fill out this PDF (with Acrobat Reader) to report expenses. Submit the completed form via email, or print and return it to NSEA.