The purpose of the Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee (EMAC) is to promote respect and understanding of minority and ethnic groups and their involvement in Association activities. The Committee shall plan and implement programs that promote:
- Minority leadership training.
- Minority student achievement.
- Respect of minority and ethnic cultural differences.
- The recruitment of minority members to participate in NEA RA and other Association governance activities.
- Policies related to issues of concern to minorities and ethnic groups by recommending policy to the NSEA Board of Directors.
- Recruitment of minorities and ethnic groups into the teaching profession.
All NSEA members are encouraged to participate in the activities and programs of the Committee.