NEA Member Benefits Website
NEA Member Benefits has established a new relationship with SmileMakers, an online supplies discounter and a division of Staples. SmileMakers offers NEA members a discount and free shipping on all orders, regardless of size. Click here for more information.
NEA Insurance Programs
- NEA Members Auto & Home Insurance Program - Available for NSEA and NEA members, this auto and home insurance program is designed to meet the needs of NSEA members, with exclusive rates and excellent service.
- NEA Dues Tab Insurance: Valuable, automatic and free insurance protection just for eligible members. This insurance benefit, providing group term life and accidental death/dismemberment coverage, is provided by the NEA Members Insurance Trust.
- NEA Term Life Insurance Plan. Underwritten by Prudential, NEA Life provides up to $300,000 of scheduled term life insurance coverage for educators, their spouses and dependents. No medical exam is required.
- Guaranteed Issue Life. This plan is offered exclusively to NEA-Retired members age 55 and over. Coverage is guaranteed. Underwritten by Prudential.
- Level Premium Term Life. Get up to $25,000 of term life insurance protection with a premium that won't increase until age 70. Coverage free for the first six months! Underwritten by Prudential.
- Three-Way Home Protection: Helps protect mortgage payments against loss of life, loss of income due to total disability and loss of income due to involuntary unemployment. Certain restrictions apply.
- AD&D Insurance. Provides 24-hour, worldwide accidental death and dismemberment protection. Entire family can be covered for $19 annually. Underwritten by Prudential.
- MemberCare Supplemental Health. This portfolio of health plans is designed to supplement existing insurance protection. This new self-insured program matches the standard A through J Medicare supplement plans benefit for benefit. Plus, it offers extra discount programs for drugs, dental, hearing and vision care you won't find on other Medicare supplement plans - at no extra cost.
- Income Protection. Protection for that most valuable of assets: the ability to work and earn an income. Underwritten by American Fidelity Assurance.
- NEA MemberCare In-Hospital Plan. This program provides you with cash to pay those extra expenses you incur while in the hospital. It can provide up to $120 per day in cash benefits directly to you. If you are an NEA member under age 70, you are guaranteed acceptance.
- NEA MemberCare Excess Major Medical Plan. This program covers you for up to $2 million in extraordinary medical expenses not covered by your current insurance.
- Money Market Account. Insured by FDIC, this plan offers above average rates with a low minimum deposit. The account features complete liquidity with no penalty for early withdrawal. Rates will fluctuate.
- NEA GoldCertificate CD. A new certificate of deposit created exclusively for NEA members. Features FDIC safety, higher interest, guaranteed returns and flexible terms from six to 60 months.
- NEA Credit Card. The NEA Premier Gold MasterCard offers a low APR, no annual fee and a credit line of up to $15,000. NEA's School Days MasterCard is also available to NEA members at the same low rate. Both are administered by MBNA America.
- NEA Line of Credit. Members may establish a check-accessed personal credit line of up to $25,000 with no collateral and low monthly payments.
- NEA Credit Plan. Members may borrow from $3,000 to $15,000 at special, preferred rates.
- NEA Website