Early Voter Information
We apologize for the typo in the October magazine, but please be aware that, according to the Nebraska Secretary of State’s office:
“Pursuant to LB 874 (2016), the deadline for receiving an early voting request for a ballot to be mailed has changed from 4 PM on the Wednesday before the election (November 2, 2016) to close of business on the second Friday before the election.”
Here are the correct dates you need to be aware of:
- OCT 21: Mail-in voter registrations must be postmarked or submitted online.
- OCT 28: In-person voter registration at county election offices ends at 6 p.m. This includes registration changes such as updating an address.
- OCT 28: Early-voting ballot requests must be received by county election offices.
- NOV. 7: Deadline for in-person early voting at county election offices.
- NOV. 8: ELECTION DAY: The close of polls on Nov. 8 is the deadline for the return of early-voting ballots, including ballots returned by mail.
Candidates who earn NSEA recommendations have completed questionnaires on education issues and are interviewed by NSEA members from their district. Local NSEA member committees determine which candidates are deserving of the NSEA recommendation. Candidates are asked questions related to their support for quality public schools, education funding, public school employees, teacher due process, and teacher collective bargaining.