NSEA-Retired provides the following two seminars to both active and retired NSEA locals. Each has proved to be extremely popular with members.
NSEA-Retired does not charge individual NSEA members to attend the seminars, but does ask that the expenses to bring the seminars to your local be covered. Each NSEA District has established a policy that will help cover the expenses for bringing the sessions to their district. Locals are encouraged to contact their District President to find out what kind of help they will able to access.
How to request a session:
E-mail Roger Rea at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please put "Retirement Seminar for [your local name]" in the subject line of your e-mail. If you wish, call Roger at (402) 330-6870.
Financial Planning Seminar
The financial planning session lasts about 60 minutes with time for questions and answers.
Topics covered include:
- The advantages of tax-deferred investments over taxable investments
- What kinds of tax deferred investment options are available to school employees
- Risks involved in making investments in stocks compared to the risks involved in bond investments
- What mix should you consider for your investments (stocks, bonds, insured deposits)
- Historical returns of various asset classes