Now, more than ever...the commitment continues!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN NOW! Fill out this form, and return with your payment to NSEA.
What is NSEA-Retired?
The NSEA-Retired is a statewide association of educators that is committed to protecting current pension and Social Security benefits; being a strong advocate on retirement issues; and to the advancement of quality public education.
NSEA-Retired is the ONLY retired association that guarantees continuation of your NEA Member Benefits and NSEA-Retired services.
Members conduct business at an annual conference. Each spring the membership elects officers, district board members and delegates to the NSEA Delegate Assembly and the NEA Representative Assembly.
Why should I join?
As an NSEA-Retired member, you will be kept abreast of new developments on important retirement issues such as pension plans, Social Security, health care and prescription drugs as well as trends in the education profession. You are able to continue your NEA Member Benefit Programs, support your colleagues, public education and Nebraska's children.
Who can join?
Active NSEA members may join as Pre-Retired Lifetime members while still teaching.
Retired educators may join as Lifetime members or Annual members if they are at least 50 and were an Active member in the Association the year they retired.
How Will I Benefit?
- NSEA-Retired works with the Educator's Health Alliance (EHA) advocating for improvements in the BC/BS retiree health plan.
- NSEA-Retired works to improve your retirement benefits and provide affordable health care protection.
- NSEA-Retired and NEA-Retired lobbyists monitor and act on legislation that affects retired educators.
- You'll receive regular communication updates on retiree issues via newsletters, publications and email.
- You'll have the opportunity to attend an annual statewide conference featuring workshops and speakers of interest to retirees.
- Benefits include significant financial services available only if you are a NSEA-Retired member.
If you are 50 years of age or older, and wish to continue your Educators Health Alliance (EHA) health insurance after retirement, you must be a NSEA Special Services member. All NSEA-Retired members benefit from reduced Special Services fees.
For further information contact: www.ehaplan.org
Or call NSEA Membership at (800) 742-0047
NEA Member Benefits also offers health insurance plans for retirees. Call (800) 637-4636 for more information.
As a NSEA-Retired member you are eligible for the NSEA BlueSenior Classic Medigap coverage (with Dental option) OR the NEA Member Benefits Medigap coverage. These Medicare Supplement plans are for retirees age 65 and older. Answers to many questions you might have can be found here: www.nsea.org/retired.
Subscribe today and lock in your dues for life!
NSEA-Retired & NEA-Retired Member Benefits
- NSEA ACCESS Savings Card
- NSEA Blue Senior Classic (with Dental option) Medigap Supplement Plan*
- Educators Employment Liability Coverage continues while substitute teaching.
- Continued voice in lobbying efforts at the state and national levels.
- State wide publications
- National publications
NEA Today for NEA-Retired Members
- NEA Medigap Coverage--Medicare Supplement Plan
- NEA Master Card/Visa with no annual fee.
- NEA Term Life Insurance eligibility
- NEA Subscription Service
- NEA Accidental Death Insurance
*Membership is not required.
Beginning in 1983, shortly after NEA formed a retired organization, Nebraska leaders initiated steps to form the NSEA-Retired affiliate.
NSEA-Retired began in 1986 with Val Pullen as its first president. Since then, NSEA-Retired has grown into a nationally recognized association.
Now, more than ever.... (video)
Now, more than ever... (brochure)
The information found on this page is also available in brochure form. You may flip through the brochure by clicking on the image below, or CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AS A PDF.