District, State Officers Set for 2018-19
NSEA members across the state elected new leaders to fill nearly three dozen district and state officers vacancies during an online voting process in late February and early March.
These representatives will take office beginning with the Aug. 1 start date of the 2018-19 Association year. Here are the results:
Higher Education Academy
- President: Andrew Lenzen, Nebraska Western Community College.
- District president: Amy Burns, Kearney.
- District vice president: Amy Sabatka, North Platte.
- District secretary: Jill Lenners, Grand Island.
- District treasurer: Angie Dickey, Chase County.
- Executive committee: Jade Bartunek, Hastings; Melissa Boutwell, Lexington; Janet Sheaffer, Chase County.
- District secretary, Lanette Von Seggern, Pender.
- NSEA Board of Directors: Jason Wiese, Arlington; Kimberly Erickson, Norfolk.
- Executive committee: Jane Walford, Tekamah-Herman; George Weiland, Umonhon Nation.
- District president: Burke Brown, Palmyra.
- District secretary: Robin Ankrom, Falls City.
- District treasurer: Devin Garcia, Lewiston.
- NSEA Board of Directors: Michael Geist, Lincoln.
- Executive committee: Bailey Feit, Lincoln.
- District treasurer: Alan Bone, Westside.
- District secretary: Marsha Edquist, Millard.
- NSEA Board: Justin Potts, Omaha.
- Executive committee: Paula Aguirre, Stan Croft, Omaha; Kathie Garabrandt, Millard; Julie Adams, Bellevue; Mary Claire Liescheski, Douglas County West.
- District president: Renae Noble, Chadron.
- District vice president: Roberta Rudden, Alliance.
- Executive Committee: Amanda Reilly, Bayard.
- District treasurer: Marcia Smith, Wheeler Central.
- District secretary: Emily Tobias, Sargent.
- NSEA Board: Marina Garner, Hyannis.