Western Nebraska negotiators: don’t miss the NSEA Panhandle District’s Cowboy-Up Advocacy Conference at Gering’s Weborg 21 Centre on Saturday, Oct. 21.
The conference will feature many topics covered at NSEA Advocacy Conference held in Columbus in September. New NSEA President Jenni Benson, Vice President Paul Schulte and Executive Director Maddie Fennell are scheduled to attend.
“The conference will be a great learning opportunity for both new and experienced negotiators,” said Benson.
The format will allow individual questions and discussions with other negotiations teams. Topics tentatively include:
- Salary schedule analysis.
- School district levy lids, school financial reports, state funding and state aid.
- The new NEA 360/education communities programming.
- Advocating for members through the contract.
- Writing/managing contract proposals.
- NSEA’s strategic plan and new 501c3, the Leading Excellence and Robust Networks (LEARN) program.
- Advocating for students.
There will be a one-car-per-local reimbursement for those traveling 30 miles or more. For details and to register, go to: www.nsea.org/17Cowboy