The 2016 Delegate Assembly will be held at the Embassy Suites April 14-15, 2016.
All Awards forms can be found at: www.nsea.org/delegateassembly
NSEA members are eligible for:
- NSEA Rookie of the Year: To honor a first-year teacher who sparkled in the 2014-15 school year.
- Award for Teaching Excellence: To honor a teacher who has excelled in the classroom over a period of time.
- Education Support Professional of the Year: To honor an ESP who has excelled in his or her job.
Finalists will be notified in March, with winners in each category announced at the Delegate Assembly in April. Each receives a $250 cash award. In addition, the Teaching Excellence winner competes for the NEA Teaching Excellence Award and $25,000.
Though there are no cash awards for these honors, NSEA members are also eligible for these awards:
- Great Plains Milestone Award: Honors an individual/group for promoting human and civil rights within their community or the state.
- Community Service: Honors individual NSEA members and/or local associations actively involved in volunteer work outside of classroom hours.
- Local Public Relations: Honors local associations for outstanding communication within the association, and promotion of educational excellence.
These awards will also be presented:
- Friend of Education: NSEA’s highest honor. Local associations are encouraged to nominate an individual or organization that has made a statewide contribution to education.
- Outstanding Media: Recognizes a newspaper, television or radio station for outstanding coverage of education issues and promoting community involvement in education. An essay of no more than 200 words explaining the nominee’s qualifications must accompany each entry. Examples of dated material may be included.