Educators and the public may comment on the just-released draft of the revised Nebraska English Language Arts Standards on Tuesday, Aug. 5, by attending a public input session at one of seven sites across the state.
The State Board of Education and the Nebraska Department of Education are encouraging educators, parents and the public to review and comment on the draft standards, which are available for review at:
The standards were drafted with the goal of ensuring that rigorous K-12 academic standards will prepare all Nebraska students to be college and career ready.
To comment, members of the public may attend the 10 a.m. or the 7 p.m., CDT (9 a.m. or 6 p.m. MDT), session at one of the following sites:
- Wakefield: Educational Service Unit 1, 211 Tenth St.
- Omaha: Educational Service Unit 3, 6949 S. 110th St.
- Kearney: Educational Service Unit 10, 76 Plaza Blvd.
- Scottsbluff: Educational Service Unit 13, Harms Advanced Technology Center, 2620 College Park, Room E-188.
- North Platte: Educational Service Unit 16, 1221 W. 17th St.
- Ainsworth: Educational Service Unit 17, 207 N Main St.
- Lincoln: Nebraska Department of Education, 301 Centennial Mall South, 6th floor Board Room.
Comments also may be submitted to the Nebraska Department of Education at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information will be shared with the standards editing committee to help to finalize the standards before they are presented for State Board of Education for final approval.