Scholarship Qualifications and Application
Revised for 2013-2014
The NSEA-Retired Board of Directors shall contribute $3000 annually each September to the SEAN-NSEA Retired Scholarship Foundation. This contribution shall fund up to three $1,000 scholarships, awarded to the most qualified of the applications received and selected by the SEAN-NSEA Retired Selection Committee.
The five member SEAN-NSEA Retired Selection Committee shall consist of three members of SEAN (selected annually by the SEAN officers), the Vice President of NSEA-Retired, and an NSEA-Retired member selected by the NSEA-Retired President.
The three scholarship recipients shall be selected by the Selection Committee through an e-mail interchange in March, and officially recognized at the SEAN Spring Delegate Assembly.
- Applicants shall be juniors or seniors who have been SEAN members for at least two years, including the current year.
- Scholarships shall be awarded based on both financial need and the essay question answers.
- Three letters of recommendation shall accompany the application. One from a faculty or staff member of the college or university attending, the second from a local chapter officer, and the third recommendation from the SEA Advisor.
- Applications must be sent by regular mail to the Tamra Mick, NSEA, 605 South 14th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508. Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1 of each year.
- Scholarships shall be effective for the student teaching semester. Checks shall be issued jointly to the student and his/her college or university.
- Download the scholarship application.
Click the application above to download the current application for the 2013-2014 school year. This form includes all three pages.