NSEA maintains a videotape and print library of resources to help our members help students achieve. If you are interested in obtaining any of these materials, we would be happy to loan them to you.
If you are looking for additional resources, please contact Jay.Sears@nsea.org or Sally.Bodtke@nsea.org and we will see if we have the resources available or direct you to where you may locate them. Some resources are listed below:
Teachers of all areas may find useful information and resources here: www.thegateway.org
The Gateway contains a variety of educational resource types from activities and lesson plans to online projects to assessment items.
- Art Resources
- Arts and Entertainment Channel - Biography
- Art Daily
- Increase and Diffusion
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Arts EdNet
A resource from the Getty Museum.
A resource furnishing links to arts educators
- English Resources
- Encyclopedia Mythica
A nice encyclopedia of folklore and mysticism
- The Language Learning Resource Center
Great Language site
- Acronym and Abbreviation Searcher
Here you will find out that CIA has more than one meaning
- Webster's Dictionary
An on-line dictionary An on-line dictionary
- A Web of On-Line Dictionaries
Tons of dictionaries here
- On-line Books
Links to books and resources for high school students.
- Children's Literature Web Guide
Contains many links to authors, awards, and other literature sites.
- Electronic Elementary Magazine
A magazine especially for elementary students with stories and art from around the world.
- Study Web
A very large collection of reference links...great way to find information on a wide variety of topics.
An electronic magazine for middle school students with projects and student articles.
- History Resources
- Natural History Museum
This site will spark and hold your interest with many interesting topics from the Natural History Museum's permanent exhibitions.
- American Memory
An incredible collection of resources from the Library of Congress.
- White House
Tour of the White House
- Math Resources
- Dave's Math Tables
Don't miss this site with all kinds of math formulas
- The Geometry Junkyard
Even math haters love this site
- Basics in Geometry
Wonderful introductory site to geometry
- Mathematics Archives
Has extensive connections to math teaching materials for K-12 classes.
- Mac Tutor History of Mathematics Archive
A fun math site...You could spend hours here
- The Math Forum
Provides connections to teaching resources for K-12 educators.
- Japanese logic puzzles
- Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math to the rescue
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) NEA support materials for the Figure This! Program (Middle School Students/Parents)
- Reading Resources
- Internet Public Library
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- The Awesome Library
This website contains thousands of education resources for teachers, students, parents and librarians, such as books, lesson-plan ideas and reference materials.
- Great Books Foundation
To obtain reading lists for K-12 students and learn about opportunities to join both adult and children's discussion groups.
- Science Resources
- Monarch migration
- Reports of migrations of many different species of monarch butterflies
- Lonely Planet
- Solar Eclipse Paths: 1995-2030
- The Aurora Page
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- National Wildlife Federation
Franklin Institute Weather Exhibit--Franklin's Forecast
- Dictionary of Scientific Quotations
- National Science Teacher Association
- Eisenhower National Clearing House
A clearing house for resources and standards in math and science.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home Page
- Journey North Home Page
- Access Excellence
- Fish Information Service (FINS)
- The International Wolf Center
- An Online Tutorial
- The Live Alife Page
- National Institutes of Health Home Page
- Cells alive
Great animation and information on cells...a must for the biology student
- Amateur Science
Terrific links and a great way to get ideas for a science project
- Constellations and Their Stars
Wonderful astronomy site
- National Chemistry Week - October 17-23 - "Health and Wellness"
- The Visual Elements Periodic Table
- The Science Center: a Teacher's guide to educational resources on the web
- Social Science Resources
- Humanities and Social Sciences Online (H-grad)
- National Museum of American Art
- Organization of American Historians
- Technology Resources
- Technology's Impact
Provides links to surveys, articles, reports and case studies on the impact of technology in education.
- Teaching with the Internet
A step-by-step guide for use of the Internet by Maryland Netvision.
- Super Kids
A great guide to software for parents and kids, with unbiased reviews and information.
- Vocational/School-to-work/Career Resources
- The Colleges and Career Center
U.S. News And World Report provides help in choosing a college, finding financial aid and learning about college life.
- Nellie Mae Loan Link Resource for Student Loan Info
- College Net
- Professional Development Partnership Project (PDP)
- Teacher's Edition OnLine
Provide lesson plans, teaching discussions, and material resources.
- Education Week & Teacher Magazine
Current and archived issues of the weekly journal and magazine are available at this site.
- Education World
An education-specific search engine designed especially for educators with 50,000 links to education sights.
- Teachers Helping Teachers
- Wisconsin Center for Education Research
WCER is funded by the National Science Foundation and the US Department of Education to produce information useful to classroom teachers.
- Peterson's Education Center